The post game handshake is the last opportunity our players get to acknowledge the other team’s players and coaching staff. It is vital that, during this handshake, players learn eye contact, respect, and sincere gratitude. Not only do Extreme teams thank the opposing team and their efforts, but also the umpires. These umpires value the post game handshake more than we may think. It can set you apart from other teams, make people remember you, show your respect and the kind of character you have as an individual. It doesn’t matter if you win or lose, the handshake shows you’re a professional and in it for the right reasons. You are capable of taking defeat and showing respect just as you are of coming out on top and still having that respect. Let us show our Extreme Pride through this post game handshake to opponents and umpires alike.
As always, culture is a big component of a successful organization, business and life. You are who you surround yourself by and those people can drive you to make you better, happier and the best you possible. Or they can bring you down, hold you back and not allow you to grow. There are a few points of the Extreme culture that we take pride in. Stay tuned and continue to check on our blog for topics that our Network Trainers and Coaches think make the Extreme great!
The topic for today is Extreme Sponsor T-shirts. Coach Brett Swip explains the importance of representing our brand through Extreme Sponsor T-Shirts. Culture is an important piece of the puzzle in our approach. There are lots of things that separate each team, however, a few bring us together as an organization. Proper attire can set an organization apart from others in the area and in the country. Coaches representing wearing our Extreme sponsor t-shirts are a big part of that. Coaches are looked up to, followed and can be seen as the face of the organization. It all starts from the top so we ask that our coaches represent so their players follow suit. There is a lot of pride in our organization and every person is a part of it. Thank you for being a part of Extreme and making it great.
There are a few topics that we strive to be consistent throughout our organization. Leaders of our club will answer the call of what they think is important and why. Stay tuned for more videos from our coaches, network trainers and more on these topics. As you see them, watch our program grow and culture change as we become even more unified than ever before. Thank you.
The discussion around youth sports continues to heat up. Our society is STRESSED and our youth sports culture is no different. Much of the stress comes from youth sports not being transparent. Where is the plan? What are we doing this year, and the next? Coaches are not intending to withhold that information, the honesty is most don’t know how to look that far out in advance and plan everything it takes to develop their team and the costs that go along with that. The Extreme Way was created to effectively and openly communicate to the parents upfront what this year would look like for their kid and what each year after that would look like as they grow and mature in sports. By creating a roadmap the Extreme Way helps coaches navigate the progress of their team year in and year out making transparency a top priority for the parents.
- Allow parents to see when the increased commitments around time and finances will occur so they are prepared for it.
- Eliminates reactionary responses, last minute decisions, and lowers stress.
- Eliminates Parent Peer Pressure – that need to say yes to everything until you have to say no to even a small thing. No more worry of your child being left out or their development not being the caliber of other kids on the team.
- Less financial worries
- Transparency around your kid and their path through youth sports
- Calendar of events that supports the kids to plan and participate in multi-sports activities
- Diversification by being active in other school functions and activities
- Fight against burnout in sports with age appropriate commitments that increase as the get older.
- Playing for coaches who have a plan and who can focus on a deeper relationship with your kid and supporting their youth sports experience.
- Sports Injury prevention by having professionals oversee their development in key areas of the game.
Transparency solves many problems for a team. The Extreme Way is our commitment to the families that your kids development is being considered from all angles. We will not operate a week at a time, we know what a great 3D athlete looks like at the end of their youth sports experience and we are committed to helping our coaches put in a progression that gives each kid a chance to develop and fall in love with the game.