Extreme Baseball and Softball Club (BSC) – Collinsville, IL 62234
The Extreme Elite Baseball program, a premier national travel ball organization, is accepting applications for head coaches and assistant coaches.
Reporting to the Extreme Elite Baseball Director, the head coach and/or assistant coach is responsible for the direction and organization of their individual baseball team, the recruitment and retention of athletically qualified student-athletes, supervision of coaching staff, game management, practice planning (outside of Extreme Network Training), athlete skill development, athlete peak performance training, fiscal responsibility of the team, building meaningful relationships (coaches, players, and families), assisting in the college recruiting process, and staying ahead of our competition in the national marketplace.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for secondary responsibilities assigned by the Extreme Elite Baseball Director and learning/adhering to our 3-Dimensional model. Encouraging academic and athletic excellence and adherence to all rules and regulations set forth by the Extreme BSC, Extreme Elite Baseball program, NFHS, NCAA, MLB, and other governing bodies is required.
A minimum of three year’s relevant coaching experience is required for the head coach position. A bachelor’s degree is preferred. Introductory coaching stipend included. Lodging and travel gas costs covered.
Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and the contact information of three professional references. The review of applications will begin immediately and the positions will remain open until filled.
Essential Job Functions
- Teach a variety of skills related to baseball including, but not limited to: hitting, throwing, fielding, pitching, and catching, as well as offensive and defensive strategies.
- Provide a positive and motivating atmosphere for all athletes, coaches and families
- Ensure that Extreme Elite Baseball program and team rules are set and followed
- Ensure that sportsmanship is continually present amongst all team representatives
- Coach team at local, regional, and national tournaments and showcases
- Ensure the physical and mental well-being of all players
- Collaborate and plan effective practices to accomplish program and team goals
- Possess above average communication to players, families, coaching staff and Extreme BSC personnel
- Follow coaching procedures and policies set forth by the Extreme BSC and Extreme Elite Baseball program
- Recruit players and families into the organization as needed
- Any other duties as assigned
- Basic Qualifications
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant softball coaching experience (travel, high school, or college)
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to travel
- Must have dependable transportation to and from organization, team and other activities
- Preferred Qualifications
- Previous participation in high-level baseball, collegiate or professional (playing or coaching)
- Strong leadership, teaching and communication skills
- Guest services/customer service background
- Previous participation in athletics/clubs/school programs preferred
- A positive, friendly, and engaging attitude towards athletes, parents, officials, opposition, college coaches and fellow Extreme BSC coaches
- Must be able to follow and explain directions both written and verbally
- Initiative to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Ability to safeguard confidential information
- Ability to remain calm in tense or stressful situations
- Working Conditions
- Flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to work both indoor and outdoor in all weather conditions
- Physical requirements necessary include walking, standing, bending, reaching, throwing, catching, squatting, stooping, stretching and lifting